So here’s to a beginning. I have been wanting to write for a while but haven’t been able to pull together the words as to all that I have been feeling and learning. It has been on my heart to share some of my experiences that have truly shaped me to be the person I am. It has pressed on me to share about some of my darkest times and how I was carried through. This blog is dedicated to the Lord, the very one who carries my world.

Friday, August 18, 2017

I Never Wanted to Become Friends


I never wanted to become friends. Not at 33. I figured we'd probably meet somewhere down the line. But not for many years still. I never wanted to lose my hips. Or my other joints. Not at 33. But the thing is, my God is still here. We can feel his peace, even through all this pain. There is a lot of grey. And a lot of questions. But we can still see marks of his love. We see it in our silly Megan, whose laugh reminds us things aren't as bad as we think they are. And I see it in my guy who loves so selflessly no matter how ugly things get.
 
We have nothing figured out.
 
But we will relentlessly continue to hope in the one who does. 
 
~"For our light and momentary troubles are working for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4 ~
 


No comments:

Post a Comment