So here’s to a beginning. I have been wanting to write for a while but haven’t been able to pull together the words as to all that I have been feeling and learning. It has been on my heart to share some of my experiences that have truly shaped me to be the person I am. It has pressed on me to share about some of my darkest times and how I was carried through. This blog is dedicated to the Lord, the very one who carries my world.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Shattering Bones

News of avascular necrosis and hearing the shattering words that my "bones are dying" in my hips and likely elsewhere has been a hard reality to swallow. Lupus (and the meds used to treat it) have taken so so much from us, and continue to take more. Right now there is a lot of bone pain and resultant disability. We are facing many possible joint replacement surgeries and even more, just a grieving sense of loss. Loss of our youth. Loss of our desperate hopes for a bigger family. Loss of many of the things we used to enjoy doing together (running, going to the gym, tennis, walks ect). As we have watched things decline over the past few weeks, I have truly never understood more these verses or found more peace from these words. There is hope for a beautiful life. In pain his grace is no longer a "nice" word. Rather, his grace is something that comes alive. It has searched out our hurting hearts to bring comfort. And it has burst into our home to calm our weary souls. His grace sits with us in our pain and speaks to us songs of deliverance. Somehow in spite of all the ugliness and sorrow, we can feel his peace.

He really does carry our world.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment