So here’s to a beginning. I have been wanting to write for a while but haven’t been able to pull together the words as to all that I have been feeling and learning. It has been on my heart to share some of my experiences that have truly shaped me to be the person I am. It has pressed on me to share about some of my darkest times and how I was carried through. This blog is dedicated to the Lord, the very one who carries my world.

Friday, April 1, 2016

Focus.



She worked so hard at her schooling. It didn’t come easy, the physics one, two or three, the general biology, the cell biology, the microbiology, the calculus, the chemistry, the organic chemistry. None of it came easy. All of it seemed like an uphill battle. She would stay in when her roommates would be out. She would stay up late and be up early to study. There were more than a few tearful phone calls home. It wasn’t easy. But nothing ever worth it really ever is. So she pushed. And she pushed some more.
She felt a deep calling within herself to continue. She was deeply touched by her experiences with Dr. White, a missionary surgeon in Kenya. She wanted more than the glory of being called “doctor”. She wanted more than the hundreds of thousands of dollars. She wanted to take her gifts and really help. She wanted to love the way she had seen them love her whole life. But now, it seems God had given her, not just the desire, but the opportunity. And that was something she took very seriously.




Others were dropping out of the pre-med program. It was too much. It required too much. But she had come so far. With all of her heart she told herself and her God that she would not give in. If this was for her, her God would find a way to get her into medical school. If it wasn’t for her, then she simply wouldn’t get in. But quitting to her was never an option. In fact, she noticed a fight within her that she didn’t know she had. It seemed the harder her schooling got, the more demanding, the more draining, the more overwhelming, the more she found herself wanting to dive in all the more.

Then one day everything changed.

And I do mean everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment